Apr 25, 2011

Doing Happy Dance

I have SOLD my first piece...one of my GardenBeads...NOT a sculpt...but I SOLD my first piece! WoooooooHoooooooo! Oh yes, and here it is:
Funnee story about my GardenBeads - I love making them and I ALWAYS give them as gifts! I have never thought of selling a GardenBead. Why? I have NO idea! I had made this particular GardenBead over my recent 3-day weekend of sculpting when I made a new sculpt, my first elf and the GardenBead. I always take my new art pieces into work for show-and-tell. My co-workers admired the GardenBead...they always admire my work and are generous with their praise. Then one girl was ooooohhhh and aaahhhhhh, and kept fondling the GardenBead. She finally said, "is this for sale?" I hesitated for a nano second and confirmed that it was. She asked for a price and didn't blink when I gave her one - which of course immediately made me think it was too low but the price had been set - she had accepted and I was selling my first piece! WoooooooooooHoooooooooooo!


Oh, and so as not to leave out the elf - here he is:

What was your first piece that you sold?

Well, I need to go bring in my fur babies. THX for dropping in for a chat. Talk to you later!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome Sandy!!!! Congratulations!

    It's been so long since I sold my first item I don't even remember what it was, but I know it was bead work. That was my first obsession (er...I mean hobby) and still is my main one. But the clay is tons of fun and comes in a close second!

    ReplyDelete